Learn, Network and Pray: A day for Lay People
Saturday 12th November 2022, 9.30am-3.30pm
The John Wallis Church of England Academy, Millbank Road, Kingsnorth, Ashford TN23 3HG
The day will provide space for lay people to find encouragement and help equip them for their journey of everyday discipleship. During the morning there will be an opportunity for some interactive learning entitled ‘Magnifying Matthew’ the gospel for Year A. During the afternoon there will be a choice of themed workshops on aspects of lay discipleship and ministry. The day will be held in prayer with chaplaincy available throughout from The Living Well team. It is possible to attend the whole day or just book for the morning or afternoon sessions.
Morning Workshop: Magnifying Matthew
Revd Dr Sue Woan will help us explore the gospel of Matthew including how it has been used in art and music. Matthew is the central gospel for the year ahead, this will appeal to you if you are involved in small groups, teaching or preaching or simply want to find out more in a fun way. With a previous background in teaching, Sue’s ministry has been as a trainer and theological educator in Salisbury, Winchester and Norwich dioceses, before retiring to Kent.
Attend two workshops chosen from the following:
- Dwelling in the Word - Learning from spiritual practices developed for our missional learning communities
- Being Creative with Holy Habits - Considering creative ways to nurture and sustain our everyday discipleship using insights from the Deepening Discipleship course
- The Joy of Prayer – A refreshing and light-hearted look at why prayer is quite simply the best gift anyone has ever given you
- Running on Empty (Self Care) - Considering ways to refresh ourselves for lay ministry and discipleship amid the busyness of life
- Sharing Faith with Children and Young People - Thinking about ways we can pass on the faith as parent, uncle, aunty or just as an adult member of the congregation
- Sharing Faith with Older People - Thinking about ways we can encourage older people in their faith journey using insights from Anna Chaplaincy
- Caring for Creation - Considering ways we can play our part in caring for the environment using insights from Eco-Church and how we can get to net zero carbon emissions by 2030
- Exploring Lay Ministry and Service - 'question and answer' session on the topic of lay ministry as it is evolving in the diocese
To book a place on the Learn, Network and Pray Day please click here. To download a printable A5 (2 per sheet of A4) click here