The Parish Giving Scheme is an excellent way to encourage greater generosity within your church. PGS offers significant benefits compared to other forms of giving:
- It's free and your church receives the full value of all donations every month
- Gift Aid is automatically processed every month, reducing admin for church volunteers and improving cash flow
- Givers can choose to automatically increase their giving by the rate of inflation every year. This tackles the problem of 'static giving', where people’s giving ordinarily remains the same year on year, while the costs of the church rise continually, due to inflation
- Givers can sign up by paper form, over the telephone or online, making it a great resource for both rural and urban parishes
- Adopting a new scheme offers a great opportunity to discuss regular giving with the church community.
The scheme is a registered charity and is used by most dioceses in the Church of England.
Registering your Church for PGS
It is free for your parish to register with PGS - if you would like to do so, please fill in the relevant form below. Below you'll also find a step-by-step guide for reigistering your church and a special guide for PCCs - please make sure that you've read both of these documents before filling out your registration form. Once you have completed your form please send it to email@example.com.
- PGS: A Guide for PCCs
- How to Register your Church for the Parish Giving Scheme: A step-by-step guide
- PGS Single Church Registration Form (please set your printer to use A4 paper and scale to fit)
- PGS Multi-Church Registration Form (please set your printer to use A4 paper and scale to fit)
- Giving To... Template Promotional Leaflet
- Parish Giving Scheme FAQs
Once your parish is registered with the scheme, it is quick and easy for people to give. Further information for givers can be found in Your Guide to Giving.
PGS Information Sessions: December 2022 & January 2023
Following recent communications to parishes about the diocesan decision to join the Parish Giving Scheme (PGS) we have arranged some PGS information sessions in December 2022 and January 2023. These sessions will provide further information to parishes on what PGS can offer, how to register and what to expect. These sessions are primarily to discuss PGS - we plan to arrange further sessions which will focus on registering with and claiming gift aid from HMRC.
Steph Hartley, Senior Specialist from PGS, will be at each session to offer advice and assistance to make the move across to PGS. You will also have the opportunity to speak directly with those in our parishes (including Bridge and Canterbury) who have already made the move, and to get the benefit of their experiences of the scheme.
The information sessions will be held on:
- Monday 5 December, 2 - 4pm: In person at the Parish Centre, Church Street St. Paul’s, Canterbury CT1 1NH. Book here.
- Tuesday 6 December, 7 - 9pm: Online meeting held on Zoom. Book here.
- Tuesday 17 January, 2 - 4pm: In person at the Parish Centre, Church Street St. Paul’s, Canterbury CT1 1NH. Book here.
- Wednesday 18 January, 7 - 9pm: Online meeting held on Zoom. Book here.
To register your interest in attending any of these sessions please use the relevant Eventbrite booking link above.