General Data Protection Regulation
The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) came into effect in the UK in May 2018. GDPR updated the existing law on data protection (the Data Protection Act 1998) and gives individuals more rights and protection in how their personal data is used by organisations. Parishes must comply with its requirements, just like any other charity or organisation.
For data protection enquiries and advice, please contact Data Protection Officer Stephen Taylor (01227 459401).
For queries relating to occasional offices and legal requirements, contact The General Register Office for England and Wales (03001231837).
- GDPR Presentation April 2018
- GDPR Presentation Handout April 2018
- GDPR Checklist
- Parish Data Audit Form
- Care of Parish Records: National Guidance (2008)
- Care of Diocesan Records
- Parish Consent Form Template
- Parish Privacy Notice Template (Non Role Holders)
- Parish Privacy Notice Template (Role Holders)
- Template Baptism Contact Form
- DPIA Checklist